Monday, November 25, 2013

Weekend Recap and a Shopping Look

Happy Monday!!  I hope your weekend was fabulous!  My husband and I spent our weekend in Greensboro, North Carolina with a couple of really good friends.  We mainly ate amazing food...which was my favorite part.  The first night we were there, we ate at Print Works.  The food was good...I had duck with beans.  The next day, we all went to the UNC game at Chapel Hill and got to sit in the Blue Zone!  We had so much fun and it was a good game.  That night, we ate at Liberty Oak...oh my goodness!  The food was so good there!  I had short ribs and they were fall-off-the-bone-good!  That was probably my favorite place there.  The next morning, we had brunch at The Filling Station....it was so good too!  I had fried green tomato eggs benedict...amazing!  I love good food...I mean really good food, and I get excited when I find special places that offer things a lot of other restaurants do not offer (or maybe isn't as good).  We finished off the weekend with a little Christmas shopping.  I got to go to some places that we don't have here in Myrtle Beach.  

Anyway, enough about the weekend and on to the look at hand.  I wore this recently while shopping at the mall.  I wanted something a little warm since it was cool out, and since I was shopping, I needed some sort of flat shoe.  My go-to shoe when shopping during the winter is a riding boot.  I absolutely love them.  As you can see below, I mixed neutrals.  If you would have talked to me 5 years ago, you would have never seen me wear black and brown together.  Now, it's one of my favorite things to do.  Breaking rules!  Ha!   Do you ever break any fashion rules that you used to have?  If so, which ones?

 photo 1a5ece28-8ee0-41d5-afd0-3f7c5917a154_zps5263cf1e.jpg
You can see where I wore this sweater and these boots recently here.
 photo 0c5673ac-f6ff-4582-b167-d67578de07ee_zps3a7d70e8.jpg

 photo b0e6c2d2-dc74-4b44-8318-1a63a4441c69_zpsfbd6375b.jpg

 photo dc8bad37-0301-45cc-9ac1-80da32abc2e4_zps3812de61.jpg
Sweater: Forever 21 Similar
Chambray Shirt: Forever 21 Similar
Jeans: LOFT Similar
Boots: Steve Madden Similar
Handbag: Lauren Ralph Lauren via Marshall's Similar
Watch: Fossil Similar
Sunnies: Tory Burch Here
Earrings: Older Similar
Belt: Similar

XOXO Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment